I have finished college, now what?

{proceed with caution: no design material in this post}

I'm happy and anxious to start a new chapter with Ad Lab, an advertising agency here in town. It is a small firm which, in my opinion provides a great opportunity for me to better show my talents and perhaps even grow. I am nothing but thankful that this opportunity came to me at the right moment -- I certainly didn't want to deal with the joy of being out of the market for a long time.

While I sit here writing, I can't help but thinking about what I heard someone said a few years back -- "I don't think you're advertising-agency material". I guess we'll be finding out...
It is interesting to think about how, for the last 25+ years whenever someone has doubted me, I've taken it to heart. It somehow becomes a challenge that I am always willing to take upon... it's the fuel that keeps me going I guess.

The newspaper coverage about my success story was pretty amazing. It has been so nice to receive e-mails from co-workers and friends letting me know they saw my picture on the paper and expressing how happy they are for me. I am not going to lie... It feels pretty awesome!
If interested in reading the article online here is the link: Ana's success story.
Once someone told me that I was going to be famous. While an article on the paper is far from that thought, I feel in my heart I already am!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...