a chalkboard for the entry wall


It's been hard, but I have managed to contain myself from stenciling another wall in the new place. Instead, I have dedicated a little time to the entryway. The chalkboard I started last year is finally done & hung. And for some strange reason, I am starting to be Okay with white walls!  
Ready to put it to use, I threw a little hand lettering on it a few days ago in celebration of the kiddo's Birthday. I am quite happy with the results. I think my fascination with chalkboards (and chalk in general) started back when I was a little girl and my dad painted the whole back of a wooden door that connected our house to my grandma's patio with black paint. On rainy days or those days when I just couldn't go out and play with the cousins (whose house was also connected to mine by the patio) I would spend hours in front of that door (chalkboard) playing teacher and in a way, talking to myself :)

+ Chalkboard paint recipe found at MarthaStewart.com 
+ HEMNES table from  IKEA 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...