The Making of a Portfolio - day seven (waiting)



Portfolio has been turned in and reviewed by the faculty...



This is day seven of waiting...


As I adventured with this project, I never imagined how labored and time consuming it would be! Once completed (even though there are a few things I could still work on), all the hard work paid off, and that little fella became my baby =)
Here a brief compilation of two intense weeks full of hard work and dedication.

I started by invading my dinning room with a big work table that I had completely forgotten about, which became pretty handy when combined with the dinning table. 
The cutting started and so the paper cuts!



Then the gluing, which I found to be the most time consuming! -- All those books finally became handy, and that molcajete*  that I haven't used in ages, finally got to hang out with me for a while. 



As far as the design, I wanted something clean, professional and elegant. After looking at several different types of papers, colors and textures, a simple brown kraft paper measured up. Complimented by a nice mate black paper on the inside.


Eyelets are quite interesting, but easier to assemble than what I thought. Unfortunately, I couldn't find black ones, so spray paint and acrylic paint did the job.
  


this blog to be continued...


* molcajete (Mexican Spanish, from Nahuatl mulcazitl) is a stone tool, the traditional Mexican version of the mortar and pestle tool. Molcajetes are used to crush and grind spices, and prepare salsas, and guacamole.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...