Spicing it up

I believe that in this field, it is good to spice it up with random projects where one doesn't have to sit in front of the computer for long hours.

The project: Four table tops that needed hand-painted unique/custom designs. Tables will go to a brand-new coffee shop/lounge area in a law firm building complex in the downtown area.

The challenge: partnering with a fellow student/co-worker and make this project a success. I would take care of two table tops and she would take care of the other two.

After a few meetings and a couple of reviews to the designs presented to the client, one of the designs I presented was chosen. After sixteen hours and a minor color revision by the client, my first table top was finally done.

The second table top went quite faster than the second one with a very minor color revision that the client suggested. I was glad that this table top was requested to be closer to my original design idea. It was fun to work with warmer colors with a pinch of girlyness.

I cannot wait to see all the four tables together in their natural environment-- surrounded by people, laughter and coffee!

Quick recount of the past two months working on this awesome project below!


Table Number 1.

Table Number 2!







A week after, the protective sealant is applied to the table tops.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...